Installation Method of uPVC Pipes
of the physical and mechanical properties of uPVC pipes
and to achieve the desired results:
A. Method of rubber ring joint Installation
1. Ensure that the mating areas of spigot and
socket are throughly clean.
2. Setting the rubber ring in grove.
3. Assess the full socket depth by simple
and mark spigot accordingly.
4. Apply lubricant to the spigot side and to the
of the joint on rubber.
5. Accurate axiate alignment of the spigot and
prior to jointing is important, hand feed
spigot into rubber joint until resistance from the
sealing section is felt.
6. Complete the joint by applying leverage to the
following socket end using a timer block to
If pipes are cut on site, make sure that the new spigot
end are cut square with a fine toothed saw and are
rechamfered to half pipe thickness with a coarse file
B. Method of solvent welded joint installation:
1. Ensure that both spigot and socket are throughly
2. Mark on spigot the full length of the socket side to
sure that the spigot side will fit exactly the socket length.
3. Apply solvent cement to both spigot and socket side
an adequate quantity of cement.
4. Inset the pipe quickly into the socket and then turn
pipe 1/4 time in the inserting operation so that the solvent
cement will be spread unformly.
5. Hold for a while untill handling strength is
then wipe excess solvent cement with a cloth.
6. After jointing keep the joint force from undue
about ten minutes.
Close the open tin of solvent cement when not in use, do
not work near a naked flame and do not mix cleaning
fluid with the solvent cement.